BUILD THE PERFECT CAREER, STEP BY STEP
Absolutely loved this book, because it shows you how to build and create life of your dreams.
Do you really think that someone else or something else is responsible for your life? Do you blaming others for your current situation? I know, It”s easier to blame others or something than to take full responsibility for your life. Everything that you decided to do up until brought you where are you now. Do you get it? No one didn’t told you what you should do, where, with whom. Your choices and priorities are the one. It”s hard to admit. I know! But honesty with yourself can bring you miracles. Alcoholic asks for help when he truly admits that he has problem. That”s when changes happen.
SHE IS SELF-ASSURED
This book wrote Bill Burnett & Dave Evans and I will give score to their book 4, because I read the book very quickly, was easy to read which is not the case with every. And if It”s hard to read some book you should quit and find another one. That”s my advice to you! If you struggle to read, don’t understand anything, quit.
Book talks about Starting where you are. What they mean by that? Start with what you have. No matter where you are, what you do and what you have, just start where you are. About how to be immune on failure, how to build a team, how to unstuck yourself and how to design your dream job. Everybody today talk about Dream Jobs and Traveling the World. It”s possible, you just have to educate yourself of how to do that.
Your degree determines your degree.
Three-quarters of all college grads don’t end up working in a career related to their majors.
True happiness comes from designing a life that works for you. You wanna create your life of your own terms, don’t let somebody else to make decisions for you. Get up, go to work, pay the bills, go home, go to bed doesn’t sound like a happy life. Wake up the next day and do it all again. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Big NO NO, to this kind of life.
DESIGNERS LOVE PROBLEMS
Look around you. Look at your office or home. The chair you are sitting on, the tablet or smartphone you may be holding. Everything that surrounds us was designed by someone. You can too! And every design started with a problem. A problem that you cannot live anymore every day the same.
Chairs were created because someone, somewhere, wanted to solve a big problem: sitting on rocks causes sore bottoms. Do you have any idea how to change your routine, build your own perfect career and do something that you chooses to do, live on your own terms. And run a business that benefits you and your family and friends, because you have more free time for yourself and them. Think of it! What you would love to do? What do you really really love to do? And do it! Just do it!
THINK LIKE A DESIGNER
Before you can do life design, you need to learn to think like a designer. Do you really think that you have control over what is going on in your life, or this is some outside thing and that you cannot do much about that? Of course that your decisions and moves that you made in the past, brought you here and now.
A well-designed life is not a life of drudgery. You weren’t put on this earth to work eight hours a day at a job you hate until the time comes to die. That may sound a bit melodramatic, but many people would tell you that this is a good description of their lives.
I will give you now tools that you can use in order to change your life for better.Don’t be afraid of trying new things. Start with a small things and sage risks. You have to change something in order something to be changed.
- Be Curious. Curiosity makes everything new. It invites exploration. It makes everything play. Most of all, curiosity is going to help you “get good at feeling lucky”. It”s the reason some people see opportunities everywhere.
- Try stuff. When you have a bias to action, you are commited to building your way forward. There is no sitting on the bench just thinking about what are you going to do. There is only getting in the game. Designers try things. They test things out.
- Reframe Problems. Reframing is how designers get unstuck. Reframing also makes sure that we are working on the right problem. Reframing is essential to finding the right problems and the right solutions.
- Know It”s a process. We know that life gets messy. For every step forward, it can sometimes seem you are moving two steps back. Mistakes will be made, prototypes thrown away. An important part of the process is letting go-of your first idea and of a good-but-not-great solution. And sometimes amazing designs can emerge from the mess. Teflon was created this way. Super glue. Play-Doh. None of these things would exist if a designer somewhere had”t screwed up.
- Ask for help. The last mindset of design thinking is perhaps the most important, especially when it comes to designing your life: radical collaboration. What this means is simple-you are not alone. The best designers knows that great design requires radical collaboration.
ANTI-PASSION IS OUR PASSION
Most people operate under the dysfunctional belief that they just need to find out what they are passionate about. Once they know their passion, everything else will somehow magically fall into place. We hate this idea for one very good reason: most people don’t know their passion. Research shows that, for most people, passion comes after they try something, discover they like it, and develop mastery-not before.
Most people do not have that one thing they are passionate about – that singular motivator that drives all of their life decisions and infuses every waking moment with a sense of purpose and meaning. In truth, most people are passionate about many different things, and the only way to know what they want to do is to prototype some potential lives, try them out, and see what really resonates with them. You don’t need to know your passion in order to design life you love. Once you know how to prototype your way forward, you are on the path to discovering the things you truly love, passion or not.
I will wrap things up here and say that never stop exploring and trying new things, invest in yourself and career. Commit yourself to that!
For more informations and tools how you can design your life HERE.
Thanks for reading and make sure that you invest in buying this book because It”s gold, gold that shows you that you really can create life and career you love.
Best of luck!